If you want to become a volunteer for our Education Services, and meet the criteria listed below, please send us an email or call 213 748-5481 ext 235. You will need to schedule an Interview with our Volunteer Coordinator, fill out a volunteer application, and provide two references with phone numbers.
- At least 18 years of age
- Excellent communication skills in spoken English for language models to preschoolers with a hearing loss
- Physically able to participate in typical preschool activities with children: sitting for extended periods, lifting and holding children, running, climbing, crawling, playing in dirt, sand, water, paint
- Commitment of at least 30 hours a semester, minimum 2 hour-blocks on any one day, but for no more than 16 hours per week
- Able to volunteer during the hours of 9:00-12:30 and 1:45-3:30 Monday through Thursday, or 9:00-11:30 Friday
- Personal statement of good health
- Signed documentation from physician of negative TB test (Mantoux skin test)
- Live Scan (fingerprints processed through Dept of Justice, FBI, Child Abuse Index Check)
- Short orientation/training period with Volunteer Coordinator
If you want to volunteer at the annual Shawn Parr golf tournament in Orange County, please fill out this form.