TALKS ONLINE LIVE
Online Appointments for Parents and their deaf/hard of hearing child
JTC’s telepractice is an option for families of young children with hearing loss who have limited access to spoken language services. These distance appointments occur in live video sessions where the parents interact with their child at home and are coached by JTC experts. Consultants include licensed audiologists, credentialed Deaf/HH educators, Listening Spoken Language (LSL) specialists, Auditory Verbal Therapists (AVT) and Marriage Family Therapists (MFT). Support is provided for families to identify goals, practice strategies and recognize skills. Parents can ask questions, explain concerns and share progress.
- Child birth to 8 years old with a hearing loss
- Parent full participation during every online session
- Family in time zone where appointment in Pacific Time is feasible
- Computer with Internet connection and webcam and a free software program
- Residence in the state of CA or outside of the U.S.
- A minimum of one session every two weeks for a few months is suggested at start
- Families who attended JTC’s summer sessions may ask for a modified schedule
- Cost per 50 minutes session is $155 for CA residents and international families.
- Space is limited and will be offered first to families who participated in JTC services
- If you are interested please fill in the following Telepractice Request Form and one of our staff members will contact you regarding eligibility and availability. (Filling in initial forms does not guarantee an appointment).
Online Video Classes for Parent Groups Worldwide
Parents who have young children with hearing loss can form groups for connecting to John Tracy Center educational online video classes.
The only equipment required is Internet access, a computer with a webcam, mic, speakers, and a monitor or projection screen. The video classes are a part of JTC’s extensive Distance Education program.
CONNECT WITH JOHN TRACY CENTER EXPERTISE
- Live, online video classes for parents of young children (ages birth to five) with hearing loss
- Adult learning curriculum for parents new to early childhood hearing loss
- Classes on encouraging listening, beginning language and developing speech
- Interactive presentations with materials to enrich therapy or preschool
- Offered as a set of six classes available in English or Spanish
- This is a group-based program.
- Payment is $1260 per site for a set of classes
- Sites need wired Internet access, a computer with a webcam, mic, speakers, and a projection screen
One hour classes about Understanding Your Child’s Hearing Loss
- Learning about Hearing
- Beginning Audition
- Beginning Receptive Language
- Beginning Expressive Language
- Beginning Speech
- Auditory Skills
- Increasing Language
- Building Speech
- Starting School